Search This Blog

Friday, August 8, 2008

zinc countertop

I guess I have a thing for unusual counter-tops. I loved the concrete sink-top at my apartment over the bookshop, but didn't want to go through that casting and polishing process again. I also wanted something appropriate to this 1925 house. While looking into stainless steel I stumbled across the zinc option. Zinc is softer and takes on a natural dark patina. The cost of a 10 foot sheet that would do my two counter sections was about $300, about $1200 less than having stainless counters made, and the material is do-it-yourself friendly. The photo shows the first of the two new counters in place.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I found your blogspot when searching for information on Jacob Barr's house. My Grandfather was from the Mansfield area & his last name was Barr. Do you have any ideas on how I can research Jacob Barr further? Thanks. Also- love your site!

Best regards,
Natalie

Anonymous said...

Check out http://zinccountertop.pro for some beautiful Zinc Countertop photos. They do beautiful work!

Robbie Marinero said...

Zinc is not the most common first choice of the majority of people when it comes to countertops, but as a matter of fact, zinc countertops provide certain advantages, just like other countertop materials. They are not costly, yet they are durable and easy to clean and polish. They do not rust like stainless steel, and when they get scratched, they can still be polished and shined with a portable electric polisher.

Robbie Marinero